The SafeSea S100 Search and Rescue Transponder (SART) is a dedicated radar transponder which complies with IMO SOLAS regulations.
- Superior battery life – even at -20°C
- User replaceable battery
- Non Hazardous battery
- Five year replacement interval
- Compact size for easy liferaft packing
- Supplied complete with telescopic pole and storage bracket
- SARTs are required on all IMO SOLAS vessels on international voyages:-
- One on 300-500GRT
- Two if over 500GRT
- One SART per every four liferafts on ro-ro passenger vessels
- Nationally mandated vessels, including fishing vessels, passenger craft, commercial workboats, etc
- Most Super and Mega yachts are required to carry a SART, especially if covered by the MCA code of practice, which is recognised by many countries.
- Voluntary fit vessels will also benefit by carrying a SART
The SeaSafe S100 SART is designed to assist in the rescue and recovery of liferafts and survival craft. When switched on, the SART remains in a standby mode until automatically activated by an X Band Radar sweep from any vessel in the vicinity. The SafeSea S100 transmits a series of pulses which are displayed on the ships Radar as a line of dots, providing a bearing to the survival craft.
The activation controls are identical to those on theSafeSea E100 EPIRB, making use by unskilled operators much easier
Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I carry a SART?
A SART is designed to aid the rescue authorities locate you in emergency. Although it is not a primary alerting device, like an EPIRB, it will guide the rescue craft to you by displaying a position and bearing line on the rescue craft’s radar.
|Radiated Output Power||>26 dBm eirp|
|Chemistry||Lithium/Iron Sisulfide (Li/FeS2)|
|Operational Life||>96 hours standby plus >12 hours operational|
|Replacement Interval||5 years|
|Operating Temperature Range||-20°C to +55°C|
|Storage Temperature Range||-30°C to +70°C|
|Waterproof||>10 metres at +20°C|
|Body diameter (max)||65 mm (82 mm)|
Standards and Approvals
|IMO regulations||A-694(17); MSC.247(83)|
|International Standards Radio||IEC61097-2|
|International Standards EMC||IEC60945|
|European approval GMDSS||Marine Equipment Directive A.1/4.18|
|USA Standards FCC||CFR47 part 80.1101|
S100 MED Declaration of Conformity
MED module D QA Certificate - Issued by TUV
S100 Chinese CCS type approval certificate
S100 Canadian Type Approval Certificate
S100 FCC Equipment Authorisation Grant
S100 Wheelmark (EU MED) type approval certificateManuals