FLIR MV-series offer a thermal imaging camera equipped with an uncooled Vanadium Oxide (VOx) detector producing thermal images of 640 x 480 pixels. It is the more affordable multi-sensor solution. The thermal imaging camera zooms between a 24.5° and a 4° field of view.
- Pan/tilt: 360° continuously and tilt +/- 90°. This provides excellent situational awareness.
- Active gyro-stabilization: provides steady imagery, even in rough seas; this is critical for getting the most out of the FLIR MV-Series long-range imaging capability.
- Radar tracking: allows operators to use the FLIR MV-Series to identify and track specified radar returns, enhancing vessel safety in low visibility conditions.
- Video tracker: the user can select a given target that can be automatically tracked by the video tracker. Selecting and engaging in tracking mode is easily done by the touch of a button. Once the tracker is engaged, the camera will follow the object as long as it can be seen.
- Picture-in Picture mode: with the Picture-in-Picture mode (PIP) two sensors can be displayed on a single display. The user can select which sensor to display as full screen.
- Digital detail enhancement (DDE): assures a crisp thermal image even in scenes with extreme temperature dynamics.
- Continuous optical zoom: The FLIR MV-series have a continuous optical zoom on the thermal image allowing to have a closer look at objects which are far away.
- Ball up / Ball down installation: The FLIR MV-series can be installed in ball-up or ball-down position, giving you more flexibility installing it on your vessel.
Thermal Imaging Specifications
|Detector Type||Focal Plane Array (FPA), Cooled MWIR 640 × 480 pixels|
|Field of View||Continuous optical zoom WFOV 24.5° × 18.5° to NFOV 4.1° × 3.1° (PAL)|
|Focus||Focus free at infinity/manual|
Visible Color Camera
|Lines of Resolution||550 TV Lines|
|Minimum Illumination||0.25 Lux|
|Field of View||~56° to 2° (H) 28× optical zoom|
|Lowlight B/W Camera|
|Lines of Resolution||570 TV Lines|
|Minimum Illumination||0.0002 Lux (front plate)|
|Field of View||25° to 2.5° (H) 10× optical zoom|
|Tracking Modes||Target (Correlation, Centroid) and Scene Electronic Stabilization|
|Az. Range; Az. Velocity||Continuous 360° panning, proportional speed to 60°/s
60°/s on home command
|El. Range; El. Velocity||Normal Installation (Ball up): +/-90°, proportional speed to 35°/s
Inverted Installation (Ball down): +/-90°, proportional speed to 35°/s
|Operating Temperature Range||-32°C to +55°C per IEC 60945|
|Storage Temperature Range||-40°C to +70°C per IEC 60945|
|Automatic Window Defrost||Standard|
|Window De-icing||2 mm of water ice in 20 min|
|Water Ingress Rating||IP66|
|Shock||15g vertical, 9g horizontal|
|Vibration, Lightning Protection, Salt Mist, EMI||IEC 60945|
|Camera Size||20” wide × 17.9” tall (nominal)|
|Camera Weight||60 lbs|
|Video Format||NTSC or PAL|
|Camera Head Input Power||12 VDC to 24 VDC (-10%/+30% per IEC 60945)|
|Consumption||100 W nominal; 200 W max|
|Camera Head Output Power (to JCU)||Power over Ethernet (PoE) per IEEE 802.3af 48V mode B PoE, RJ 45 connector|
|Video||Analog BNC ×2, Digital Video via Ethernet|
|Communication||Nexus via Ethernet|
|Standard Package||Camera Head with 18-inch Pigtails for Power, Analog Video x2, and Ethernet; Joystick Control Unit; Operator Manual, Low Smoke/Zero Halogen Ethernet Cable|